IPCC’s recent annual report is the most current state of the Planet and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. It is now or never: To limit the temperature rise to 1.5º C agreed in Paris, we must cut global emissions by 45% in this decade.
Accelerate the transition to a less carbon-intensive and more sustainable energy system, through the production of renewable energy, making the energy transition accessible for all consumers.
Low carbon value chain
Minimize GHG emissions in our own operations and in the supply chain.
Preserve and protect biodiversity and ecosystems, applying natural science-based solutions that can deliver a positive impact for the environment and biodiversity.
SUSTAINABILITY STRATEGY 2022-2025
• Growth in renewable energy production
• Reduce the carbon footprint of our operations
• Account GHG emissions in the value chain
• Lay out a roadmap for carbon neutrality
• Ecoefficiency in operations
• Disclose climate-related risks and opportunities
• Integrate Biodiversity into the business strategy
• On balance sheet operating capacity above 1 GW by 2025 (versus 143 MW in 2021)
• Expand GreenVolt pipeline by 5.6 GW (excluding current installed capacity) by 2025
• Reduce the carbon intensity of own operations by 40% by 2025 (compared to 2021)
• Establish an action plan, within the next two years, to complete the inventory of scope 3 emissions
• Identify and assess risks and opportunities related to climate change
• Participate in CDP Climate Change programme
• Reduce own energy consumption of biomass plants by 1.0% by 2025
• Develop a Global Corporate Biodiversity Strategy
• Establish partnerships with stakeholders such as local authorities , NGO´s and local communities to support biodiversity related projects until 2025
• Ensure that renewable electricity produced from biomass by GreenVolt is certified according to RED II requirements;
• Develop guidelines to prioritize the use of recyclable materials in the development of renewable projects.
May 24, 2022
GreenVolt’s EBITDA more than triples and net profit reaches €1.3 million
GreenVolt achieved an adjusted net income of €1.3 million in the first quarter of 2022, an increase of 43% compared to the same period last year. EBITDA more than tripled in this period, with revenues showing significant growth compared to the first quarter of 2021.
GreenVolt buys a 45 MWp solar park in Romania
GreenVolt, through its subsidiaries V-Ridium Solar 45 and V-Ridium Renewables, has reached an agreement for the purchase of a 45 MWp solar photovoltaic park in Romania, until now held by Samsung C&T Corporation, by LSG Building Solutions, and by Green Source Consulting. The operation values the park at around €83 million, as of today.